Friday, November 12, 2010

Michelle Cleveland and Roberto Gonzalez, my Hair and Makeup Team for Kelly Ripa's Homemade Millionaire Show on TLC







Michelle Cleveland
"the hair extension expert"
did my hair for the TLC's Homemade Millionaire episode


Before I turned 30 years old, I decided to treat myself to long and luxurious hair and since then, haven't been able to stop! She told me they were addictive and she was right! And the good news is they are not bad for your hair, so you don't have to compromise tearing out your hair, like some of the other extensions out there do. I love the way those lovely locks look on my head and I love Michelle Cleveland, the woman behind making that magic happen. I was introduced to her through Maria Lacomme Salon and have been going to her since, or should say, she has been coming to me, as she comes to my apartment for our maintenance appointments every 2 months. Over the past 3 years, it has been truly a pleasure getting to know this beautiful woman. When we are together we have time to talk and that is what we do! She likes to listen to my crazy stories, she often says she lives vicariously through me, lol and I like to hear her thoughts and opinions. I respect her and what she stands for. She started doing copper lock extensions after working for another extension brand, that she saw was ruining people's hair. She couldn't bear to see that, so she turned to copper locks, to continue doing the work she loved, but doing it, knowing she wouldn't be responsible for ruining anyone's hair. She often talks about the integrity of your hair, she firmly believes in keeping it and won't do anything to jeopardize your hair. She follows her heart and her passion and has one of the biggest hearts I know, and that is what I love about her. She is real, down to earth and genuine. So for me, it has been like getting 2 treatments in one, getting the hair done and getting to spend time connecting with a friend! Another thing I love about Michelle is that she has been so supportive and has believed in me and Di Manno Designs from day one. She had and has nothing but positive things to say about my company ever since I first started it, which has been so inspiring. She touched me most when she came to the hotel and stayed overnight with me to prep my hair and did it in the morning before we started taping! You don't meet people like Michelle every day and that is why she is dear to me and in my heart. It feels good to see the people who stand behind you when starting a company, so thank you Michelle for that. I love you and keep up the good work! She lives in NJ and has clients both in NJ and NYC, so if you are looking to get extensions in, and for a good person you can trust with your hair, you can reach her at: mcleveland1020@aol.com.

Roberto Gonzalez "the make up and hair artist"
did my makeup for TLC's Homemade Millionaire episode

Roberto and I go way back! Years ago we met, I was in the modeling industry, and he was my make up and hair artist for a JCPenney ad I did for Amercian Tourister. At the time we met at Michael Keel's studio for head shots I was getting done. He worked with Michael Keel and Bill Morris, 2 NYC photographers, who at the time shared a working space for years. We worked on other projects together as well and used to meet up in Hell's Kitchen for happy hour to catch up and just have a good time. Love him! He is fabulous and has a huge heart. A fellow LEO, we instantly connected! Always learn new little tips on how to do my hair from him. Am currently using a curling iron he gave me as a gift to curl my hair.:) Over the years, Roberto has done many different projects and has been booked consistently because he loves his craft and is simply good at it. It was so special to me that Roberto did my makeup for the TV show, considering we knew and worked together YEARS ago. It was nice to reconnect with him in a new light with a new project. Thanks for all of your help Roberto over the years and for the memories of my NYC experience, love you! If you want to reach Roberto, you can email him at: roberto.face.artist@gmail.com. Check out his portfolio at:

I always used to love and STILL love getting my hair and makeup done! It is so relaxing and it is fun to create new looks! Glad Di Manno Designs has let me tap back into that. Also feel blessed that I have people like Roberto and Michelle in my life who I know I can call and they will be there to help me out, know my needs and in return, I will be happy with the results!:)

1 comment:

  1. Are you exhausted of your vintage faishon hairstyle? Do you like long hairs and your hairs are too short?Do you desire to change hair method and make them as attractive as most of the celebrities have?
    Hair extensions can be a little pricey, especially if you are going for quality. You definitely get what you pay for with hair extensions, as they are not cheap. Many stylists receive special training from various hair extension companies and become certified to perform specific methods of attachment. Hair extensions are not a one size fits all, and some methods may not be suitable for certain hair textures and conditions.
    Hair Extensions can be a fun and exciting way to add length, volume and highlights to your natural hair. It is important to do your research on hair extensions by finding out about the different methods available, finding a qualified stylist and maintaining the hair extensions. There are many reasons for people to have hair extensions they are to add instant length, volume or thickness to their hair to get a perfect natural look. They have always wanted long hair or thicker hair and for whatever reason have never been able to grow their own hair out and to cover their hair if they got any real bad hair cut.
    Therefore for such women who are at forfront in fulfilling their responsibilities an astonishing merchandise has been made so then they may give a little time to theirselves from their engaged schedules.Powerful clip in additions or hair extensions
    Hair additions which has been taken up all over the world have arrive a long way. Ladies should express gratitude to innovative new methods made the hair elongation method time keeping and so straightforward to apply. These additions arrive in diverse methods and colors that may take barely two hours to be directed and you can relish long lasting results. If the correct care and upkeep is finished then the outcomes lasts upto six to eight months which is a good time.
    Also hair additions arrive in diverse types. Basically we can categorise them as synthetic hairs and human hairs. I propose you to select human hairs as they gaze like just initial human hairs as they are extracted from the human hairs. You can heal them and be careful of them as your initial hairs.There are couple of causes that why you should proceed for human hair extensions. They can effortlessly add yearned extent and capacity to your hairs. You can make them gaze wider and finer.We have cheap hair extesions on server,welcome to order.

    ReplyDelete