Thursday, May 20, 2010

Get Healed with Dar Gardol at Chelsea Healing

I met Dar, a close friend and the best acupuncturist I have known, when I lived in Chelsea. One day I wasn't feeling well and his office was next door to where I used to live, went in, got a treatment and ever since have been hooked on it and him! I never knew the many ways acupuncture can heal you, mentally and physically. It is truly amazing and I love learning about all the different points and what they do every time I see him. I loved that not only could Dar make me feel better, but I would learn so much during every treatment. He inspires me so much and has healed me so much! I really don't know where I would be without him. When I thought I was moving this June to San Diego, I started sobbing during a treatment saying, "What am I going to do without you?" and Dar said "Don't worry, I will come to San Diego and treat you there." And that is what I love about Dar, always doing what he can to please everybody, he is so generous. His ora is zen and he is one of the most genuine people I have ever met. Whenever I feel I am a bit under the weather, I get a treatment and take Yin Chiao for a couple of days, and so many times that has served as a remedy from getting sick! Love it! Dar and I bonded when one day when he was giving me a treatment. I was thinking of my daily routine in my head, at the time, I worked in an office and I pictured myself putting my hair back wearing a nice suit and/or dress and how much I hated wearing just an elastic band to hold my hair in a ponytail. It was then the concept of Di Manno Designs was born. I came up with the idea of making a leather covered ponytail holder with an elastic band attached.
I shared it with Dar and he was so inspired, we started to brainstorm together. We met a few times to go over concepts and ideas for the brand. He came up with Di Manno Designs and I liked it. At the time I was focusing on a name more specifically for ponytail holders, but I liked the fact that I wouldn't be limited to just ponytail holders under the name Di Manno Designs for future lines and I also liked the alliteration. Ever since we have been friends. I love being around his energy, because every time I am around him I feel so inspired and that is such a great feeling. It is so special to be treated by someone who is not only brilliant in his field, but such a kind spirit that is so pleasant to be around. I also go to Dar when I am feeling any physical pain, either in my back or once when I pulled a hamstring by jumping up and landing down in the splits when I was out dancing at night! lol The treatments he gave me sped up the recovery time! When my mom was in town, he treated her a few times, as her back and knees bother her and she swears by him! It was great, she was able to walk around NYC more at ease because the treatments helped her a great deal, so of course we were all happy.:) Since then she has seen an acupuncturist in South Carolina, where my parents live, and said he is nowhere near as good as Dar! Dar said when he is out that way, he will stop by and give her a treatment. She can't wait!
So needless to say, I highly recommend Dar for whatever ailment you may have or just to maintain good health, I'm sure he will make you feel better than you did before you walked in. Thank you Dar for teaching me, inspiring me, supporting me and Di Manno Designs and healing me. Love you!:)
Chelsea Healing is located on 24th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues (212) 645-6447.

No comments:

Post a Comment